Re: Bug system available by email

Ian Jackson wrote:

> Several people have said that they've had problems mirroring the bug
> system because it's such a lot of small files, which is true.

It was reported that the problem was due to directories with large
numbers of files in them, not simply the existence of large numbers
of files to be mirrored.

Two solutions to the problem have been suggested (a third is having gobs
of memory) and I am waiting for the mirrors to implement them.
The next release of mirror is supposed to address this.

Any of the solutions should turn this into a non-problem.

- Sue