Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date

On Fri, Nov 21, 1997 at 04:47:50PM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

>   Might be ok, it would just be a nice touch, makeing it default.

No, I don't think it should be on by default.

Perhaps if we include the file by default, but have everything in it
commented out (or an exit at the start)? Either that, or we need to write a
configuration script that can be called on installation: an unconfigured
firewall configuration (if you see what I mean) is definitely a bad thing.

>   Then an admin could easliy (? :) add extra features to the firewall in
> the one file...

I agree that having all the firewall type stuff in /etc/init.d/firewall is
what we need.