Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date

Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org> writes:

> Perhaps if we include the file by default, but have everything in it
> commented out (or an exit at the start)? Either that, or we need to
> write a configuration script that can be called on installation: an
> unconfigured firewall configuration (if you see what I mean) is
> definitely a bad thing.

Just do something like this:

  firewall_ok=0 # Do not remove this line (edited by /usr/sbin/firewallconfig)

  if [ $firewall_ok]
  then
  fi

Then the firewallconfig script just edits the variable, or even
fancier, follow xdm's lead and do something like this:

  test -f /etc/firewall-config || exit 0

  if grep -q ^firewall-not-configured /etc/firewall-config
  then
    exit 0
  fi

  some_feature=0
  if grep -q ^some-feature /etc/firewall-config
  then
    some_feature=1
  fi

  if "$some_feature"