Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date

In article <87iutmtt5c.fsf@abraxas.burg.oche.de>,
	leutloff@sundancer.oche.de (Christian Leutloff) writes:

> I've some ideas for the wish list:
>
> Can we try to use the GRUB instead of LILO!?

Not for 2.0 please; lets not try a program most of us have no prior
experience with this close to a release.

> What about aspects of internationalisation!?

How useful would it be for the boot disc to be internationalised? I wouldn't
have thought there'd be room, and I'm not sure it's necessary. I'd be happy
using a boot disc (so long as it was only teh boot disc) that was entirely
in french or german, and I've never heard of anyone likely to use debian
whose english is worse than my french or german.

> Is it possible to integrate a small documentation reading
> system/program to access to documents on the CD!?

No way could we get a web browser on; for those documents that are just
text, I should think we could fit more, if not less.

> Will we made Official Binary CDs for other architectures than i386!?
> Can they boot from a CD, too?

The only one I have any experience of is the atari. It can't (this is a
function of the hard disc driver, but I haven't heard of any with this
feature)
.