Re: CD rom distribution

On Thu, Nov 20, 1997 at 05:24:38PM +0100, jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 1997 at 11:01:59AM -0800, hadies1 wrote:
> > I would like information on how to receve tehe ISO image files. I plan to
> > sell the debian CD(s) for around $10 U.S funds and half of the profit
> > (about $5) will be donated the the debian group per copy sold.
>
> Hello Jason,
>
> You can find the ISO image files at ftp://ftp.debian.org/OfficialCD/1.3.1/
> check out the CD_Writer_Instructions.txt there. You may also be interested
> in ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.CD-manufacture

I wouldn't use those if I were you.  There are quite a few packages on there
that aren't up to date.  If you have the time, cut your own.  One thing I know
is broken is the PCMCIA drivers.  The cards services requires a version of
the modules that is later than the one present on the CD and instalation of
the PCMCIA *.deb packages fails.

The current ftp distribution (non CD) has all the correct files though.  I
guess somebody should take the time out to redo the CD.  As soon as I get
some spare time that is one of the things I'll try to do.

Radu