Re: Boot Linux from GRUB? (Was: Boot HURD with lilo?)

    Bruce> Someone please package the darned thing.

I don't think GRUB is in a very advanced state.

I couldn't get it to compile; the assembler bits bombed out with:

/tmp/cca00729.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cca00729.s:800: Error: register does not match opcode suffix
make[1]: *** [asm.o] Error 1

>From their web site (http://www.uruk.org/~erich/grub/) -- which hasn't
been updated since October of 1996, I couldn't get any more info.

I think it's dead, Jim.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters M and B and the number 14.
"Bill Gates is a talented evil man." -- Chip Salzenberg