Re: Intent to package: eggdrop

"Chad D. Zimmerman" <chad@dabcc-www.nmsu.edu> writes:

> > Yes, eggdrops can do good things (though choosing your own bot in
> > #debian is an extremely suspect choice IMHO), but that does not
> > justify make prepackaged versions of it.
> >
> > [1] [Netgod: don't mix the two things, I think dpkg[the bot] is
> > evil because of the lame stuff it does, I do not think all bots
> > are evil (I

> What do you think of the other 4 eggdrop bots then? |, User69,
> User70, User71.

I have no problem with them.  Please read what I wrote, I do *not*
have problems with eggdrops in general, I run two.  I *do* have a
problem with dpkg[the bot], and I mentioned it because netgod was
trying to champion it as some paragon of the Forces of Good.  But a
discussion of #debian's bots has no place on debian.devel.

My point is that, yes, I know eggdrops can do good things, *but* that
doesn't change my opinion that we shouldn't be providing pre-packaged
versions of them (because it doesn't change the fact that pre-packaged
versions raise the specter of every joe luser and his friends dumping
ill-configured bots onto irc).

--
James