Re: new GLIBC 2.0.6 release and e2fsutils?

Karl M. Hegbloom writes:

 >     Bruce> I'm writing both Yann and Ted because there was a problem a
 >     Bruce> while back with GLIBC 2 vs. e2fsutils. FYI Ulrich is making
 >     Bruce> a GLIBC 2.0.6 release to add patches that have accumulated
 >     Bruce> over some months. I suspect this might impact e2fsutils.
 >
 >  I had a bad drive crash a while after installing 2.0.5c.  The
 >  quotascan reported `something wierd', so I went to runlevel 1,
 >  umounted the partition, (/usr, /usr/local), and ran `e2fsck' on it.

What you desscribe reminds me something ;)

If your partition is >2Gb, and you ran one of 1.10-3, 1.10-4, 1.10-6,
(as far as I remember) then you got bitten by a known bug.  Please
upgrade to e2fsprogs 1.10-7, which is believed to be safe in this
respect.

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: