Re: Call for outside parties to produce non-free CD

On Sun 16 Nov 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
> From: Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de>
> > neither non-free nor contrib is part of the debian gnu/linux
> > distribution. why do we include contrib on our official cdrom ?
>
> Oh, that's easy to answer. All of the software in contrib is free, but depends
> on non-free components. We have no problem with shipping free software.
> You can get the non-free stuff elsewhere.

but we ship broken software (it will not run, because there is not the
non-free base). where is the point in doing this, except for confusing
users ?

andreas
--
Find out how to avoid all those pesky crashes, lockups, application
errors, and slow applications at http://www.debian.org -- Debian can