[cygnus.gnu-win32] RPM (at last..)

I vaguely recall a discussion of an attempt to get dpkg working under
win32 via cygwin or otherwise.  Seems like someone else had the same
idea...

From: garbanzo@hooked.net (Alex)
Newsgroups: cygnus.gnu-win32
Subject: RPM (at last..)
Date: 14 Nov 1997 19:46:29 -0800
To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com

Welp, I finally took an hour and commented out all funny looking code
(i.e. it didn't compile), and got around some nice glaring Linuxisms
(where to find time_t for one).  So far, I've got what seems to be a
working rpm (sans chroot(), which I'm going to look at later), and as this
message is being typed, binary and source rpms for ncftp 2.4.2 are being
built. When everything seems to finish, hopefully within the hour, I'll
put everything in a subdir (gnuwin32/rpm, making the url
www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm).

P.S. On a side note, the ctrl-c hanging Win95 bug is still here, but to a
much lesser extent (using the latest coolview.dll).

- alex

-