Re: READ THIS and stop deciding for us what we mean...

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Paul J Thompson wrote:

> > what two arguments?  all i've heard from you so far is that you don't like
> > the dfsg.
>
> This is entirely not my point.  And, since you do not see fit to read all the
> mails I have posted or are somehow simply incapable of comprehending the
> simple expressions of english speech I have used within, please don't respond
> again!  And if you must write, try to do so with intelligence and thought, not
> mindless ideology.

I have read all of your postings and all of the other participants
postings and I must agree with Craig. You say you don't want to "dilute"
the DFSG, but all I hear are complaints about it's tone and intent. Well,
myself and others worked hard to get just the right tone and most
reasonable folks get the intent correctly.

> But, for the record:
>
> 1.  I have no problem with the DFSG as a whole (in fact, were some other
> changes made, I would actually be in favor of making it stricter)

While others want to make it less strict.

> 2.  I am not making a big fuss over nothing -- as a Debian developer it is my
> responsiblity as yours to speak up where you feel needed.

It is also your responsability to understand the group you work with and
their goals. We have no responsability to bend to your desires, even if
they are correct, which most don't seem to feel is true.

> 3.  Go read Milan Zamazal's message subjected "Is Debian Ideology?" --
it is a
> pretty good reflexion of my actual concerns and not those which simply
surface
> due to your debian fears

What do you mean by "and not those which simply surface due to your debian
fears"?

> 4.  Or Chris Lameter's recent message "Free Software orientation NOT at
stake"

I found this posting by Christoph to be full of misjudged intent and
faulty interpretation. His implications of the intentions of varous
parties bears no resemblence to the folks I know and the way they think.
This is not the first time that Christoph has taken this "berzerker" path
and probably will not be the last. I just don't happen to agree with him,
or you on the issues as you have stated them.

Waiting is,

Dwarf