Re: non-DFSG section and CD distributers

> Leland Olds <olds@eskimo.com> writes:
>
> > (I think the sometimes venomous opposition to Qt is a result of this
> > fear.  Motif seems to be perceived as less of a threat, so it is
> > slightly more tolerated, even though it's licensing is more
> > restrictive than Qt's.)
>
> I think the fact that there is a free alternative already available
> and that motif has no pretenses about being free software probably
> have something to do with it.
>
> --
> James

It's nice, a Debian-free alternative exists.  Good thing.

Qt's pretense?  By saying this, you're imposing Debian's definition of
free onto the world.   Maybe the fear is that another definition of
"Free" will continue to used in much of the software community.

I like the Debian definition of free.  I don't like the dogmatism
that some Debian developers exhibit.

--
Lee Olds
olds@eskimo.com