`Free' debate

I fully support Bruce's strong line on free software.  He has some
very eloquent and strong ways of saying things, too.  It's a shame
that some people have been a little upset by this, but I think it's
important on a list like this for Bruce (or anyone else) to express
himself fully on issues they feel strongly about.

I agree with Bruce that it's tiresome to have to repeat this argument
over and over again, with nothing new being said and no prospect of
being able to resolve it.

I think that this could be helped if we had the opportunity to
meaningfully choose whether to strengthen or weaken the DFSG (for
example) - but I'll stop here before I start electioneering again.

We also need a formal statement of the goal(s) of the project.

Ian.