Re: CC's of mailing list mail

On Tue, Nov 11, 1997 at 10:50:00AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I'm getting deluged with CC's of messages posted to discussions on
> these mailing lists.  Didn't we have a policy that responses to
> messages on debian-devel &c. shouldn't be CC'd to anyone in the
> project ?

I rather like it. And since reply-to isn't set, it make it
difficult to reply to the list a whole WITHOUT
using a group reply. I just set up list replies in mutt
here but not all MUAs have it.

> I plan to put install a filter which will detect such messages based
> on the fact that they contain both
> `debian-{devel,policy,private,board}@lists.debian.org' and
> `ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk' in To or CC headers.  These messages will
> be returned to the poster (the `From:' rather than the envelope
> sender).

This level of stubbornness hardly seems worth the trouble.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.