Re: CC's of mailing list mail

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 1997 at 10:50:00AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I'm getting deluged with CC's of messages posted to discussions on
> > these mailing lists.  Didn't we have a policy that responses to
> > messages on debian-devel &c. shouldn't be CC'd to anyone in the
> > project ?
>
> I rather like it. And since reply-to isn't set, it make it
> difficult to reply to the list a whole WITHOUT
> using a group reply. I just set up list replies in mutt
> here but not all MUAs have it.

I would vastly prefer having the Reply-To set correctly. I was amazed
when I read the policy because I knew these lists didn't set their
Reply-To, which seemed to be a very simply way of helping enforce
the policy.

(And just to push the point home, this is the second time I've sent
this mail because I forgot to "group-reply" the first time. Murphy's Law
no doubt).

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            # Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet