libc5/libc6 conflict

Ok, this should be a simple problem.  I want to keep all development stuff
libc5, but have some libc6 packages.  I don't want to use altdev.  The
libc6 in hamm needs the libc5 from hamm or else there is a conflict.  No
problem but I need the newer libc5-dev, which is only an altdev.

Does anyone see any easy answer to this?

Thanks,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Trovalds