kernel source -- 2.0.29 vs 2.0.30

Ok,  I applied some patches to my last kernel compile in an attempt to
make it Cyrix aware,  and it didn't work :)  So now I need to reinstall
the kernel-src package and recompile myself a new kernel.

I've heard rumours of "bad things" about 2.0.30,  and I'm wondering if
anyone has a recommendation of one verses the other.  I don't need
anything exotic in the kernel -- just sound,  tcp/ip,  ethernet,  ide,
all standard stuff.

					Thanks

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|               You say "Love is a temple.  Love the higher law."        |
|	        You ask me to enter,  but then you make me crawl.        |
|	          And I can't be holding on to what you got              |
|	                   When all you got is hurt.                     |