Re: bashims in debian/rules"

Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> However, debian/rules exists _entirely for Debian_.  It is part of our
> distribution mechanism.  There is no point making debian/rules files
> that are portable to non-Debian systems.
>
> If and when there is another distribution using dpkg (eg, a Debian
> Hurd) then the rules scripts should obviously be made useable on that
> system.

Why should they create all rules files from scratch?? I don't think
that *packaging* will be different on different systems. So why should
someone write other rules?

We are discussing about *minor* changes that don't break anything
else, but made it able that on another edge live gets easier. We
shouldn't made ugly hacks to be more portable, but where is the
problem with slight changes??

Bye
  Christian

--