Re: mentors for new maintainers

Igor Grobman wrote:

> Christian Leutloff wrote:
> > why not do both!?
>
> Sure.  I have no problem with this.  However, some people object to
> splitting yet another list from debian-devel.

So far on this thread I've heard only one complaint (and no reply to my
technical suggestions to superate the problems), but I've heard several
people scared by harsh reactions they sometimes get on debian-devel; not
speaking about other developers that aren't interested at all on reading
all those faq about banal packaging problems (and are not reading this
thread at all).

Such a list could also be a good starting point for people that have not
yet decided if they want to become debian developers, and want to "have
a look" at the problems involved.

Fabrizio