Re: xaw3d, and rosegarden namespaces

harpo@udel.edu (Will Lowe) writes:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Philippe Troin wrote:
>
> > > 	A) make a /usr/X11R6/lib/rosegarden directory and put the editor
> > > and sequencer there
> > > 	B) rename them to "rosegarden-editor" and "rosegarden-sequencer"
> > > and put them in /usr/X11R6/bin
> >
> > I don't think there is any explicit policy on this one (except that you
> > shouldn't clutter the namespace). I'd prefer B if a user might want to
> > run sequencer or editor by hand. Otherwise, I'd use A (which is probably
> > easier to do).
>
> Ok.  It's possible to call them independently,  and I suppose that someone
> might want to do so,  so I'll work on that.  Thanks.

When you call them separately the help button is unfortunately not
useable. I don't know if one could find a workaround for this...

BTW, i already made an unofficial libc5 package of rosegarden-2.1
available from "ftp://ietpd1.sowi.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian/unofficial/";
either in source or binary form from the adequate subdirectories.
This should be considered a quick'n'dirty made Debian package but to
my personal pleasure it simply works. ;-) Maybe you can use some of my
debianization efforts for your official package?

                                           Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   My Homepage in the WWW at the URL http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig