Re: Backspace & Delete

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Chris Fearnley wrote:

> >Keyboard Configuration". Discussion about this issue takes place on
> >debian-i18n@lists.debian.org . You might want to check out
> >http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-kbd/
> >and the debian-i18n archives.
>
> I haven't seen a summary of those discussions recently.  Many people
> like myself cannot subscribe to every important sub-mailing list.  But
> not only would we appreciate being kept informed of progress.  I might
> even have a contribution to make from time-to-time!

I personally agree.  Regarding kbd issues or usability issues in general,
a "summation" message probably should've been posted to debian-user, even
if it just notified the subscribers of the discussion that's occuring on
other other sub-lists.  While I can sympathise with the developers'
standpoint of wanting to keep such discussions of issues isolated from
regular traffic on debian-user, I can also see the user point of view in
wanting to at least know that the discussion is taking place and also a
mail in debian-user as to what came out of said discussion.  After all, it
does impact users of our current distribution before the users of the
future release.

Chris