Re: Backspace & Delete

'jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:'

>On Wed, Oct 22, 1997 at 12:06:51PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
>> Is there an official way how to set up these two keys? As we all know the
>> code returned by these two keys depends on the terminal setting. But there
>> are programs out there that do not care about the terminal but use just
>> one combination.
>
>There was an article in Linux Journal some issues ago about "Consistent
>Keyboard Configuration". Discussion about this issue takes place on
>debian-i18n@lists.debian.org . You might want to check out
>http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-kbd/
>and the debian-i18n archives.

I haven't seen a summary of those discussions recently.  Many people
like myself cannot subscribe to every important sub-mailing list.  But
not only would we appreciate being kept informed of progress.  I might
even have a contribution to make from time-to-time!

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary