Re: ppp 2.3.1-2 problem

> Philip Hands wrote:
> >
> > > Really?  I ran setserial to set my modem's baud rate to 115200 right
> > > before I ran the new pppd, and I _still_ could only connect at 9600 baud.
> >
> > How do you do this with setserial ?
>
> setserial /dev/ttyS1 spd_vhi
>
> will translate 38400 to 115k

That does not actually set the speed, it just changes the meaning of 38400.

You should not really need to do this any more, since recent kernels and tools define the higher speeds directly.

To set the port speed of ttyS1 to 115200 try this:

  stty 115200 < /dev/ttyS1 > /dev/ttyS1

and then run pppd.

Anyway, this is just about to go away, because it looks like Christoph tweaked the code for testing purposes, and forgot to un-tweak it.  I'll be uploading a new version later today, once I've tested it.

Cheers, Phil.