Re: unofficial package repository and the bugs system

From: Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
> But I hope that the Debian developers can at least be a bit
> cooperative with 3rd party .deb packages.

Sure, especially if there is cooperation on both sides.

> These are exactly the same issues we will need to deal with when somebody
> chooses to use Debian and dpkg as a base for a value-added commercial
> distribution.

Are you sure they are exactly the same? When someone makes a value-added
commercial distribution, they make a committment to service that
distribution. So far, I haven't seen any need for committment attached to
the unofficial package repository.

The Debian JP project seems to be organized much the way we are. I believe
they'll be around when service is necessary. Maybe you need to make some
rules (Chorus: "WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING RULES!") about what committments
people make when they drop a package in your archive.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html