Use of `Severity: grave'

I've just changed the severities of about half a dozen outstanding
`grave' bug reports to `normal'.  I've also reprioritised two `grave'
bugs as `critical' because they were security holes.

Please do not use `Severity: grave' to convey your annoyance at the
bug, or to indicate now bad it was for you personally.

The Severity levels have definitions, which are available at
<URL:http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer.html#severities>.  Here they
are:

 critical
       makes unrelated software on the system (or the whole system)
       break, or causes serious data loss, or introduces a security
       hole on systems where you install the package.

 grave
       makes the package in question unuseable or mostly so, or causes
       data loss, or introduces a security hole allowing access to
       the accounts of users who use the package.

 normal
       the default value, for normal bugs.

 wishlist
       for any feature request, and also for any bugs that are very
       difficult to fix due to major design considerations.

Ian.

(I've just added more words to `grave' to try to make it cover
everything that's `going on for critical'.)