Re: Why are we bothering Ted about this?

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I would really strongly suggest that we figure out what is wrong with
> these programs on our own before we get the upstream maintainer involved.

I haven't been following much of this discussion so this may be out of
context, but..

As an upstream maintainer I would be highly interested in knowning -any-
problem with my software irregardless of the cause. This doesn't mean it
is okay to torment upstream authors, but we should at least tell them we
are investigating a problem, especially when it is a serious one. Unless
of course you know he already knows about it.

Jason