Re: What about a user-contrib directory? [was: Re: uploads for bo (was Re: Non-free libc5 packages??)]

I completely agree with Manoj.

Allow me to stress the _quality_ aspect of Debian once more. It will be
impossible to keep quality as high with an 'officially unofficial +
contributed + uncontrolled' section.

Further, I digs a hole under all our plans for _security_ enhancements and
certifications.

Finally, let me repeat what I said before. We should take more care in making
sure that there are follow-ups to a package, or else withdraw those packages.
Looking through the weekly bug reports, I can see a couple of cases where a
maintainer obviously dropped the ball. What are we doing about that?

--
 edd@debian.org   http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd   PGP KeyID 1024/6D7F08DD