Re: Placement of console device for `virtual-dev' package

In article <[🔎] 199710132005.VAA03103@ash.ukc.ac.uk>,
Charles Briscoe-Smith <cpb4@ukc.ac.uk> wrote:
>>	Yes, maybe... but I was only suggested that it could be
>>removed from mtab in the `halt' phase, i.e., in runlevels 0 and 6.
>
>Okay, so I need an init.d script that gets executed in runlevels 0 and
>6, with sequence number < 20 [sysvinit maintainer: will 15 do?], which
>removes the /dev entry from mtab.  I should be able to manage that!

I think using S15 should be OK. Maybe we want to split up the S20reboot
etc scripts into multiple scripts later on, but as I see it now it
wouldn't hurt to have your script as S15 and the rest behind it.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/