Re: no solution for libc5 packages
> to support debian users i still create libc5 versions of some of my
> packages. i will upload these libc5 versions to experimental, and the
> real versions as libc6 to hamm/unstable. i hope this is ok with
> maybe there is a better solution out there,
> or good reasons not to do this ?
If you really think your packages are stable enough to warrant inclusion
into stable, I've heard that you should just try setting the distribution
to "stable", and wait for it to become part of "stable". This only
works for stuff where you really are "sure" nothing is going to break,
For libc5 upgrades that might break something, I believe there is an
example to go by: libc5 dpkg-18.104.22.168. This is in experimental too, IIRC.
 Private email (or was it IRC?). But the word is, that this was from
well-respected debian people. I'd like to read this on debian-devel
as a general policy statement from them, though.
 Uhm, the wait may be long... The samba security fix still seems to
be waiting in bo-updates. But I guess you don't really care how
long the wait is, with your packages stuck in bo-updates
I guess you are happy too.
joost witteveen, firstname.lastname@example.org
#what's this? see http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .