Re: IMPORTANT - Is your libc6 library broken?

Yann Dirson <dwitch@monge.univ-mlv.fr> writes:

> If I infer well from another mail of yours, these broken shared libs
> are those reported as "statically linked" by "ldd" ?

If they also use the same soname for libc5 and libc6 versions, then
yes.  For example, libncurses 3.0 is not broken.  libX11.so.6.1
(libc5) is broken.

Keep in mind that ldd's behavior on libc5 shared libs is kind of a
hack.  Using it on libc, libm, and libdl gives especially weird
results.

An easier way to check libs is with ldconfig -p.  Anything labelled
(ELF) that shares an soname is broken.

Guy