Re: Work-Needing and Prospective Packages

On 06-Oct-97 Yann Dirson wrote:
>Philippe Troin writes:
> >
> > Work-Needing and Prospective Packages for Debian GNU/Linux
> > Philippe Troin, phil@fifi.org
> > $Id: packages.sgml,v 1.57 1997/10/06 09:59:38 phil Exp $
> > 6.  Programs that aren't available yet in Debian
> >
> > Programs listed in this section aren't yet available as Debian
> > packages, but there has been an expressed desire to include them.
> >
> > If you want to create a Debian package, send me an e-mail.
> >
> > 6.1.  Programming and development:
> > 6.3.  Graphics:
> > 6.4.  X11:
>
>Don't know in which of your section it would enter, but I suggest
>someone packages the "Khoros" system (Huge development stuff mainly
>aimed at data manipulation, with a powerful "visual programming"
>language, toolboxes for signal and image processing, 2/3D data
>visualization, matrix calculus, etc.)

As I understand it, although a version of Khoros is freely available, KRI
(the company that created Khoros) reserves the right to distribute Khoros to
itself.  Also, if this beast were packaged for Debian, everybody would be
repartitioning their systems to fit it (this "application" is why my /usr/local
is 500M)!

Paul Rightley