Menu Segfaults! (thank you!)

Hi, all.

As some of you have noticed, menu (and a lot of other c++ programmes)
start to segfault when you upgrade to libc6-2.0.5c.

I'm very pleased to hear my menu package is being used by so many
of you, judged by the number of (bug) reports I've recieved about this:
it must be running into double figures by now. Please, keep them
comming, it makes me feel good.

Although I welcome every bugreport as a message of support, the
ones about menu segfaulting with libc6-2.0.5c don't necessarily
have any other side-effects, like fixing the bug itself, as
the bug has already been reported, isn't in menu[1] (but rather
in libg++272), and is already beign worked on (by Guy and David Engel).

Nevertheless, thank you for all your bugreports, keep them
comming!

I'm writing this as a general "thank you" to all bugreporters,
as I'm not sure I'll be able to answer all of you personally.

Thanks,

[1] But then again, I also maintain libg++272. I'm very gratefull
    to Guy for stepping in and proposing to do a non-maintainer
    release of libg++272_2.7.2.8, as it seems he knows a lot more
    about the issues that cause the segfault, and I think he will
    do a much better job than I would have done.

PS Yes there is some sarcasm in this message. Still, I do like
   to hear many people use "menu", so, really, I am pleased to
   recieve so many bugreports. I'm not at all upset or anythign.
--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj