Re: libc5 dpkg 1.4.0.19 - any interest ?

ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Ian Jackson) writes:

> I've finally managed to build dpkg 1.4.0.19 for libc5.  Is anyone
> interested in the binary packages ?  If so I'll put them in
> project/experimental.

Yes please!!!  I had a hard time trying to get it compiled on a 'bo'
system and didn't succeed.  Equally i'd love to have any package from
'hamm' compiled for libc5 'bo' available if anybody has succeeded with
such a build.

I'm very unhappy that 'bo' has become quite out of date and therefore
have started to compile 'hamm' packages myself or even tried to
compile more recent upstream sources than provided in 'hamm' even.

Up to this moment i've unsuccessfully tried to compile a libc5 package
of bash-2.0.1.1 which was released end of september.  I'm still
running bash-1.14.7 on 'bo' because the bash-2.0 version provided
seems still to be too buggy given the fact of various bugfix releases
of the upstream version in the meantime.
                                         Thank you, P. *8^)