Re: [DEBIAN] Why do we need a base *section*?

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Chip Salzenberg wrote:

> > Ok.. that would be better. But, why do you need those symlinks anyway? =3D=

> ("First, we kill all the MIMEs.")

 Get a better mailer.

> The base directory is of utility for me -- anything new in base I
> always update.

 There's no real reason to do so. A change may be completely unimportant
and irrelevant in a base package, and you may be missing a massive
security hole in another section. You are getting a false sense of `being
up to date'.

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-