Re: [DEBIAN] Why do we need a base *section*?

According to =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nicol=E1s_Lichtmaier?=:

> On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Scott Barker wrote:
> > I agree. However, the "base" packages could be put into more appropriate
> > places, then the "base" directory could be populated with symlinks to all
> > the packages needed for "base".
>
> Ok.. that would be better. But, why do you need those symlinks anyway? =3D=
> )
> --=20
> Nicol=E1s Lichtmaier.-

("First, we kill all the MIMEs.")

The base directory is of utility for me -- anything new in base I
always update.
--
Chip Salzenberg          - a.k.a. -           <chip@pobox.com>
        "He's Mr. Big of 'Big And Tall' fame."  // MST3K