Re: State of debian egcs

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Galen Hazelwood wrote:

> As for getting the new c++ development stuff to coexist with the
> old...don't hold your breath.  It probably won't be possible.  The only

Can't you simply put one in /usr/include/g++-28 and one in
/usr/include/g++-272 then adjust the compilers search path accordingly..
Otherwise it's impossible to test a program with egcs and gcc :< (ie
basically pointless to have both compilers installed)

What I really want is to be able to write code in egcs and then hack it up
to work with gcc every so often, to do that both compilers must be able to
compile C++ source..

> When somebody releases the new glibc, I'll give egcs another go,
> (hopefully) complete with the c++ libraries.

Thanks! I tried your older release but it didn't even get past the include
files before it bombed out (2.7.2's hacked stl killed it)

Jason