Re: Great news for Debian!

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, David Welton wrote:

> > The ISP's are good news, for sure, but what really impressed me is that
> > the people at the Linux Journal decided to go with Debian.

I'm curious to find out more.  Where did you hear/read about the Linux
Journal switching to Debian?

... and on Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> On the other hand are there Debian users that are NOT students and NOT ISP
> sysadmins? It seems like most Debian developpers fall in one of those
> categories (sometimes both ;)...

I am a control system engineer and use Debian exclusively for all my
personal computing, as does my 15 year old son.  At work I have set up a
Debian/GNU Linux box to provide web and email services for our engineering
group.  I am planning to use Debian/GNU Linux in SCADA and possibly
control applications in the coming year.

Best regards and keep up the great work!

				Nick