Re: xvidtune: Please install this program before running.

Stephen Zander <srz@mckesson.com> writes:

> My fix was:
>
> ln -s /usr/X11R6 /usr/i486-linuxlibc1

Yipes!  That's very wrong, and you don't want to link through the X11
dir, as at least one package was (incorrectly) using that.

Safest is:
cd /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/X11
for i in XErrorDB XKEYsymDB locale ; do
done

> I don't know if the use of /usr/i486-linuxlibc1 was intentional and haven't filed a bug on it, however the only package *I* see that includes
> /usr/i486-linuxlibc1 is lesstif (the libc5 comaptibile relation to lesstifg)

All the libc5 packages in hamm that have libc6 versions use this
directory.

Guy