Re: fakeroot a solution for multi-architecture building?

Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> writes:

> > 1. There would be directories for each architecture - COMPILE/{i386,m68k,..}.
> >    dinstall will drop the source packages into the appropriate place,
> >    using hard links between archs to save space.  It will also touch a
> >    foo_vers.Ready file for each source's architecture signifying that the
> >    source is ready to be compiled.
>
> will you :
> a) fill a package to all architectures
> b) only to architectures that are not yet compiled ?

b.

> > > 5. On success automatic upload to master
>
> a special diretory ? only a normal changes file, or something special ?
> the log file should also go to master, so we can collect them and make
> them available via www for testing.

Upload to the normal Incoming directory.

The first few times a maintainer gets his package auto-compiled, he'll
probably want to look at the log to make sure everything is ok.
Easiest would be to upload the log to Incoming also, and list it in
the .changes file.  I can make dinstall put it in an appropriate
place.

> > > 6. On failure an automated bug report is filed against the package with
> > >    the output of the failed build.
>
> lets say : upload the logfile and (if generated) all deb files to
> master, and do there something with that. what about a seperate mailing
> list for that ? debian bugs could grow a lot. we could also (for testing
> purpose) create a mailing list for all logfiles/also successfull builds.

In the beginning, I expect many of the broken compiles to be due to
simple problems like hardcoded archs, so the maintainer probably won't
need any help.

There's no need for creating seperate mailing lists.  We can send the
bugs to maintonly though.

> ok. i can do that

Great.

Guy