Re^2: RPM (Was Re: Deity project schedule problems)

Am 24.09.97 schrieb aj # dungeon.inka.de ...

Moin Andreas!

AJ> a) a problem ! run away : very, very fast !

:)

AJ> b) try to fix it.

That's nearly impossible. This would require that all distributions will
use the same directory structure.

AJ> do you think, that suse, delix lst and redhat are
AJ> happy with getting tons of bug report from users who cross installed
AJ> packages ? i don't think so, so we can talk to them about more
AJ> standards.

Do you think that they're interessed that the users can easily change
their distributions? I'm not.

AJ> with alian we have the same problem with cross installing.

Right.

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.d400.de      Fido: 2:240/5202.15