questions

Hi,

I have a couple of questions in regard to localization packages. Suppose I
want to make a package that supplies everything needed to add cyrillic
support to X ; including fonts, mapping tables, modifying XF86Config. Is
there some kind of policy which I should follow? For example, there already
is a package with cyrillic fonts for X - should I submit the other fonts I
have to be included there and depend on that package, or make a monolithic
package that does it all? Also, would there be a place for purely
'configuration' packages? Like everything you need to use cyrillic on the
console is already included in the kernel and kbd packages, but you need to
know which combination of what to run where and in which order (by the way,
there's more than one variant of doing it, and it also requires some fixes to
terminfo/termcap (pseudographics in koi8 is placed differently)). Or creating
such a package would be too much catering to the simple user? :)

/\/\ike

Key fingerprint =  67 C4 EA 8E EB F6 7C 51  2C 8B 78 79 0C 8A DC DC