Re: fhs / fsstnd / policy : placement of menu files

Previously Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> kde has its own menu system (applnk), and i wonder where i should place it.
> it's currently placed in $(prefix)/share/applnk (that would be
> /usr/share/applnk).

On a related note: is it possible to add support for our current menu system
into the kde menu system (and vica versa possibly)?

> i don't know if /usr/lib, /usr/share (in fhs) or /etc is the right
> place. where should i place it ?

/usr/share/applnk?

Wichert.

> if i generate the kde applnk files from our menu database, will
> the location change ?

Then it a dynamic data and should go into /var/applnk.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl
WWW: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~wakkerma/