Re: I intend to stand for the project leadership

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 20:45:00 PDT Bruce Perens (bruce@debian.org)
wrote:

> From: Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
> > I thought this VP titles/whatever were dead.
>
> What's in a name? Assistant project leader, V.P., who cares? The essential
> fact is that work is delegated to someone, by the project leader.
>
> > I thought we agreed on a dictatorial leadership, and that's all.
>
> Yes, but that doesn't mean I am going to do everything by myself. Being
> a non-profit does not mean that we must eschew a management structure.

Ok, but a lot of people do a lot of things (Guy with the ftp archive, Sue with the web page, etc...). Having these titles just sounds like VPs are more important than others.
Read: except you Bruce as Project Leader, noone should have pompous titles.

Sounds silly eh ? I know but I have an epidermic reaction with the terms VP, President, CEO, etc... Especially when it comes to projects like Debian.

Phil.