Re: problem with dpkg-shlibdeps

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> > I had the same problem a few days ago. I'm not sure completely, but I
> > think the problem is that you had KDE installed in the second compilation
> > run. When dpkg-shlibdeps checks for library dependencies, it notices the
> > old installed version and adds it to the dependency list. Is this the
> > case?
>
> yes.

How are you calling dpkg-shlibdeps?

If you don't specify a path (even a relative one like ./somefile),
ldd will check first the files in /lib, /usr/lib and so on, so if
"somefile" is a library and it is installed there, "dpkg-shlibdeps somefile"
will give the dependencies of the installed version, not those of the
version in the current directory.

--
Enrique Zanardi					ezanardi@noah.dfis.ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental