Re: kde and files location

Hi,
>>"Brian" == Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

>> No, this is not correct. We, as Debian, *Never* put things under
>> /opt. Other people (not Debian) do. Software on Debian FTP sites
>> *never* goes into /opt. This seems a clear and objective
>> distinction.

Brian> Where should the netscape installer put the files from the
Brian> original netscape archive?

	Hmm. Well, the original netscape files are not part of Debian,
 it is a binaty only distribution anyway (I don't know if that is
 relevant), so the installer may legitimately put netscape under
 /opt. I think.

	Comments?

	manoj
--
 No matter how many reporters share a cab, and no matter who pays,
 each puts the full fare on his own expense account.  -- Edward