Re: print, gs and svgalib.

> I'm using magicfilter to print, which in turns uses gs-aladdin, which uses
> svgalib.
> The problem is svgalib keeps writing things like 'Using VGA driver' or
> other messages. Those get back to lpr and end up printed at the beginning
> of whatever it was I wanted to print.
>
> Is there a way to silence svgalib so as not to have this gibberish on
> everything I want to print ? (At the moment, I'm using cat file.ps |
> filter > /dev/lp1, which is somewhat more annoying than lpr file.ps).
>
> 					Mat

Hi,

i have found the following  solution of your problem in
gnu.dhostscript.bug: modify your filter file (mine is
/usr/sbin/ibmpro-filter) so that it looks like:

# PostScript
0	%!		filter	/usr/bin/gs  -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -r120x72 -sDEVICE=ibmpro -sOutputFile=\|"cat 1>&3" - 3>&1 1>&2

I have tested it on my machine an it works: the messages
of svgalib are redirected to the stderr, so they are not sent to the
printer.

Regards,

Marco

x-gateway: relay5.UU.NET from bug-ghostscript to gnu.ghostscript.bug; Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:02:23 EDT