Re: Ringconnectd - conflicts with packages that answer the phone..

Joey Hess <joey@kite.ml.org> writes:

[snip]

> > However, there are also other packages which monitor the phone line.  What
> > should ringconnectd conflict with?
>
> We don't have a phone-line-monitor virtual package. I question if such a
> thing is needed, becuase you can have multiple modems and phone lines on one
> computer, and have xringd on one, ringconnectd on another, etc.

They should all just use appropriate locking, shouldn't they?  mgetty
is another (rather specific) phone-line monitoring program that seems
to handle this well.

If you have multiple programs listening on the same port, there's no
way to tell which will successfully get the lock, but at least only
one will get it at a time.

--
      Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)