Re: Ringconnectd - conflicts with packages that answer the phone..

David Welton wrote:
> This provides something I will probably use, so I'd like to make a deb out
> of it.

What about xringd, already in debian:

 xringd will monitor a serial line for RING signals and activate various
 commands when specific "ring-delay sequences" are detected.

Looks like the same functionality.

> However, there are also other packages which monitor the phone line.  What
> should ringconnectd conflict with?

We don't have a phone-line-monitor virtual package. I question if such a
thing is needed, becuase you can have multiple modems and phone lines on one
computer, and have xringd on one, ringconnectd on another, etc.

--
see shy jo