Re: kde and files location

Hi,
>>"Manong" == Manong Dibos <jwalther@citytel.net> writes:

Manong> On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:
>> (Maybe I should remove the draft from the policy package.) This is
>> just a draft and is _not_ current policy. According to the FHS
>> draft, /opt will be treated like /usr/local : "/opt is reserved for
>> the installation of add-on application software packages". This
>> means: no Debian package may touch /opt.

Manong> Just out of a curiosity.  If a program is "non-free", or
Manong> "contrib", can't we consider it to be an "addon" package?  I
Manong> agree to keep packages from the main distribution out of /opt
Manong> and /usr/local.  But how about packages in non-free and
Manong> contrib?

	Sure, as long as the packages in question are not on the Debia
 ftp servers. If they are on the ftp site, then they are, in fact,
 being provided by the Project (though not in the main
 distribution). /opt and /usr/local are left to the individual site
 admins/users.

	Let us not play word games here.

	manoj
--
 You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do
 likewise. Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering; <chip@ateng.com> or