Re: Installing from floppies

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> > [ The original post was to simplify a installation from floppies when a
> > package is two large for a disk and your only access to the net is from a
> > dos based system ]
>
> The files may be named splitz.exe and joinz.exe, but I don't have an url
> for them. I had them for some years until I came across sploiner.
>
> Sploiner provides both split and join and also can handle backup disks
> and with it still work even if one disk is lost. It's easy to find with
> ftp-search and there are binaries and source for unix, M$dos, amiga and
> it shouldnt be to hard to port it to any other architecture Debian is
> running on. Maybe it should be included in the disk-arch dirs.
>
> May the Source be with you.
> 			Mrvn

Thanks Mrvn, I found the url:
   http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~ric/sploiner/sploiner.html

The licence claims it's beerware.  That may make it non-free, I'm not good
on licences.  Anyway, there are dos/mac binaries, so this looks like a
good addition to the tools directory.  Is there anyone I should forward
this to?

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html
                  PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds